About Dan Hennessey
I started providing hitting lessons to girls in January, 2000 when my daughter was playing, and I noticed the frustration so many of her friends and teammates felt when batting. My daughter moved on, but I'll be doing this for many more years because I enjoy helping kids improve. I also enjoy working with their parents and coaches, without whose support they cannot achieve anywhere near their potential. As Red Green says, "I'm pulling for you; we're all in this together."
I am a teacher of fastpitch skills and a student of the game. To be a successful teacher, a person must continually learn. I enjoy learning and becoming a better teacher, and that benefits my students. There is nothing I'd rather be doing than teaching hitting. As a result of these things, I'm very good at what I do. You will see that the first time you see me work with a student.
Following are some statistics:
- Over ten years providing individual hitting instruction to fastpitch players
- 20+ years coaching baseball and fastpitch softball
- Hitting coach for Cincinnati Elite 14U 2002 & 2003 seasons
- Top 10 finish both years in USSSA World Tournament (FL)
- Individual hitting coach for six Cincinnati Doom 12U players in 2005
- Team won the 12U USSSA World Tournament (Eastern region)
I can provide references (names and phone numbers) upon request - just call me. I also do not ask for any kind of financial commitment from you to sign up for lessons. You can pay for one lesson at a time and "try me out."
I'm happy to talk to you about your individual needs and what I offer. Call me! There's no obligation. There are many reasons why a family could decide against private lessons. Figure out what your reasons are, then call me to discuss them. I'm happy to answer hard questions as well as easy ones.